If you like Asian flavors you will love this satay chicken wings recipe.
When preparing the marinade, your mind will travel thousands of kilometers and the hardest part will be to wait few hours before you can eat those delicious wings!
The marinade includes peanut butter and you can find a great homemade peanut butter recipe on this site.
Start cooking your satay chicken wings now, see full recipe below!
Satay Chicken Wings
- 12 units chicken wings
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 4 cm fresh ginger root (1.5 inch)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 unit lime
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 150 mL coconut cream (10 tablespoons)
- 0.5 tsp cumin grounded
- 0.5 tsp curcuma grounded
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro / coriander
- salt & pepper
Prepare the marinade
- Trim and separate the chicken wings.
- Take off the first hard skin of the lemongrass stick. Smash a little bit the stick and then cut into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the ginger and the garlic.
- Zest the lime using a fine grater and squeeze the juice.
- In a food processor bowl, add the lemongrass, ginger, garlic, lime juice and zest.
- Add the peanut butter, the coconut cream, the spices and salt and pepper.
- Mix well until you get a smooth paste.
- Pour the marinade on the chicken wings and leave to rest in the fridge for about 12 hours.
Cooking the wings
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius (about 400 farenheit)
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, put the wings on a single layer. At this stage the satay sauce should be quite thick and coating the wings.
- Cook the wings for about 20-25 minutes until cooked turning the wings after 10 minutes.
- As always cooking time can differ depending on your oven so make sure to control the process. Your wings are ready when they are slightly golden brown.
- Cut the coriander into small pieces and sprinkle over the satay chicken wings. It's ready !