Once again cooking will make you travel thousands of miles away.
If you are a mango lover, you have no choice but try this mango chicken curry recipe. The sweetness of the mango just goes perfectly with the coconut milk and contrasts with the saltiness of the chicken and the heat of the spices.
This exotic mango dish is really surprising and you should really give it a try!
See full mango chicken curry recipe below
Mango Chicken Curry
- 4 units chicken breasts Free range is better
- 1 unit small mango
- 2 units oignons
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp curry
- 1 tsp curcuma
- 1 tsp cumin
- 250 mL coconut milk (1 cup)
- 200 mL single cream (a bit more than 3/4 of a cup)
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- salt & pepper
- Take the skin off the oignons and garlic and chop finely.
- Cut the chicken in 2/3 cms (1 inch) strips. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- In a hot pan, add the oil and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the pan.
- In the same pan, cook the garlic and oignons on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add all the spices, mix well and then add the coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and continue cooking on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the mango in strips and finely chop the parsley.
- Once the 20 minutes have passed, add the single cream and cook again for 2 minutes to warm the cream. Check if you need to add salt and pepper.
- Add the mango, parsley and serve.