Have you ever tried to cook with your favorite soft drink?
Cooking chicken wings with coca cola may sound unusual and pretty weird but the result is actually quite surprising and tasty! Slightly sweet and just a little bit spicy, this is the perfect mix.
This coca cola chicken wings does not require a lot of active time cooking and is just perfect for a big party with your friends.
See the full recipe below!
Coca Cola Chicken Wings
- 12 units chicken wings (cut and trimmed in 24 pieces)
- 1 cup coca cola (about 240 mL)
- 1 cup ketchup (about 240 mL)
- 1/4 cup butter (about 60 gr - melted)
- 3 tsp hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- salt & pepper
Prepare the marinade
- Put a bit of salt and pepper on the chicken wings and mix well.
- In a sauce pan, put together the coca cola, the ketchup, the sugar, hot sauce and melted butter. Add 1/4 of teaspoon of grounded pepper.
- Cook on medium heat until the sauce is warm and all the sugar is dissolved.
- Leave the sauce to cool until you can put your finger in it without getting burnt !
- Once cooled, put a small part of the sauce aside in order to be able to use it later as dipping sauce.
- Add the chicken wings in the remaining coca cola sauce and leave to marinate in the fridge during 2 hours. Tips: You can use a plastic bag to marinate the chicken wings instead of the tray in order to have all the chicken wings well coated in the sauce.
Time to cook the coca cola chicken wings
- Heat the oven to 350 F / 180 C
- Put the marinated chicken wings on a tray. Wings should not overlap each other. Keep the remaining sauce. Cook for 15 minutes,
- Take the chicken wings out of the oven, flip them to cook the other side and add the marinade that was left from previous step. Put back in the oven and cook for 15 minutes more.
- Serve hot with a salad and the dipping sauce (that you kept before marinating the chicken wings)