If you are looking for a new roasted chiken recipe than you should try this coconut and lime chicken. The lime and coconut milk combine perfectly and bring a fresh and at the same time sweet twist to this dish.
This is a complete dish as you will be adding some potatoes to the roasting pan.
Have a look at the complete coconut and lime roasted chicken recipe below!
Coconut & Lime Roasted Chicken
- 1 unit free range chicken (about 1.5 kg / 3.30 pounds)
- 1 kilo potatoes small size (2.2 pounds)
- 300 grams green peas (about 0,66 pounds)
- 2 units limes organic
- 3 cloves garlic
- 300 ml coconut milk (about 1.25 cups)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven at 356 degrees farenheit / 180 degrees celsius
- Zest finely 1 lime and juice it.
- Add the zest and the lime juice in the coconut milk
- Cut the remaining lime in very thin slices.
- With you fingers, carefully lift the skin of the chicken and insert the lime slices between the flesh and the skin making sure to distribute the lime all over the chicken. Be careful to not brake the skin.
- If necessary, close the chicken with a cooking string.
- Put parchment paper in a roasting pan.
- Place the chicken in the middle of the roasting pan.
- Pour the coconut milK over the chicken. Then add salt and pepper on the chicken.
- Put the chicken in the oven.
- After 20 minutes, add the potatoes cutted in half as well as the garlic cloves (non peeled) in the pan around the chicken.
- Every 10 minutes, pour some coconut milk from the pan over the chicken and the potatoes so it remains moist.
- The chicken should cook for 1h15 in total.
- Cook the green peas in a pan with boiling water for 10 minutes and then rinse them in cold water so that they keep their green color.
- 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the peas to the roasting pan.
- Serve the coconut and lime chicken immediately