This lemon & olives chicken recipe is an adaptation of a delicious Moroccan tagine.
You can find the preserved lemon in specialized shops or you can even prepare it yourself. There are tons of preserved lemon recipes on the internet, don’t be shy and give it a try, it is quite easy to make.
This chicken recipe is quick to cook and if you like Moroccan dishes, it will quickly become one of your favorite.
See full Moroccan lemon and olives chicken recipe below.
Moroccan Lemon & Olives Chicken
- 2 units chicken breast
- 0.5 unit preserved lemon
- 1 unit oignon
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro / coriander
- 200 g green olives (pitted) (a bit less than half pound)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- If the lemon is preserved in salt, wash it quickly under running water to remove most of the salt.
- Cut the chicken breasts in small pieces.
- Slice the oignon finely.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and then add the oignon. Cook on medium heat until oignon is tender.
- Add the chicken and cook 5 minutes or until all sides are golden.
- Cut the preserved lemon into very small pieces and add to the chicken.
- Add the green olives to the pan.
- Add the 2 teaspoons of cumin.
- Mix everything well and cook on low heat 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Meanwhile cut the coriander.
- Add the coriander to the pan. Mix and cook 1 minute more.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the preserved lemon & olives chicken.