After trying this recipe you will never buy a jar of peanut butter again!
Doing homemade peanut butter is just so easy and a lot more healthier than any jar you can buy at the supermarket. The only things you need are peanuts, a mixer and a tiny amount of oil if you need to roast your peanuts!
This peanut butter is used in our satay chicken wings recipe.
See full homemade peanut butter recipe below.
Homemade Peanut Butter
- 300 g peanuts non roasted and skinless (about 0.66 pounds)
- 1 tsp neutral oil (peanut oil for instance)
Roasting the peanuts
- If you bought non roasted peanuts, you will need to roast them in the oven before making the peanut butter. If you have already roasted peanuts just skip this step.
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees celsius (about 400 degrees fareinheit).
- Coat the peanuts with a tiny bit of oil. Mix well so the oil is evenly distributed.
- Spread the peanuts on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peanuts should be on one layer.
- Bake the peanuts for about 15-20 minutes stirring frequently.
- Cooking time really depends on the type of oven you have so do keep a close eye on the process at all time. You should have golden peanuts.
Making peanut butter
- In a food processor, pour all the peanuts and start mixing.
- At the beginning you will just have "crushed peanuts" ...be patient. Continue mixing until you get a smooth and shiny texture. (stop the processor from time to time to check the texture).
- Do not add any oil while mixing the peanuts. At the beginning you will see that the mixture is quite dry but after mixing for a while the peanut oil will get released and you will get a nice texture.