You will love this garlic and parmesan chicken wings recipe.
Those wings are so tasty! The garlic and parmesan mix is just incredible.
And what is even more incredible is that you will get super crunchy chicken wings without using the fryer which is a very good point if you are on a healthy diet!
Serve those wings with the Italian style dip.
See the full spicy garlic and parmesan chicken wings recipe below!
Spicy Garlic and Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 12 units chicken wings
- 2 liters water (about 8 cups)
- 3 tsp dry herbs (mix of thym, oregano, rosemary or any other mediterranean herbs)
- 1 unit bay leaf
- 80 ml balsamic vinegar (1/3 cup)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper (feshly grounded if possible)
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes (adjust to your taste)
- 4 tbsp olive oil more or less
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs (fine is better)
- 100 g Parmesan cheese freshly grated (about 1 cup)
Parboil the chicken wings
- Trim and separate the chicken wings.
- In a large pot, add the water, the salt, the vinegar, and the mixed herbs. bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken wings, bring back to a boil and cook gently for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the wings and leave them dry on a rack (about 15 minutes)
Prepare the garlic and parmesan coating
- In a food processor (or mortar), add the garlic and a pinch of salt. Smash into a smooth paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, put the garlic paste, the freshly grated black pepper, the red pepper flakes and the olive oil and mix well. The texture should be nor too thick nor too thin. You want to make sure that the coating will stick nicely to the wings.
- Add the dry (important !) chicken wings into the bowl and mix well.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix again until all the chicken wings are coated.
- Add 1/3 of the parmesan cheese and mix well. Repeat twice until you use almost all the parmesan (keep about 2 tbsp for later).
Cooking the chicken wings
- Pre heat the oven to 230 degrees celsius / 450 degrees fahrenheit.
- Put a foil paper on a baking sheet and grease it.
- Put all the chicken wings on the tray on a single layer and sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until it gets gold and very crispy.