If you have a bit of time, prepare this Italian style dipping sauce the day before so that all the flavors can develop and blend.
If you forgot to prepare it or you just do not have the time, don’t worry it is also very good if you leave it just about 1h in the fridge before serving.
This dipping sauce is perfect served with the spicy garlic and parmesan chicken wings.
See the full Italian dipping sauce recipe below!
Italian Style Dipping Sauce
- 240 g mayonnaise homemade is much better (see notes) - about 1 cup
- 120 ml red vinegar about 1/2 cup
- 120 ml olive oil about 1/2 cup
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp mixed herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary...)
- 4 tsp water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper to taste
- In a bowl, put the mayonnaise (see notes for homemade mayonnaise) and add the crushed garlic.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the water and mix well.
- Add a bit of water to get a lighter texture (adjust to your taste)