One of the most emblemic Indian dish!
If each time you go to the Indian restaurant you order the chicken tandoori then this recipe is for you!
It is actually so easy to do!
You can find tandoori spices mix in supermarkets but you can also make you own blend.
You can serve this chicken tandoori with a mint sauce and rice.
See full chicken tandoori recipe below!
- 2 units chicken legs (you can take the skin off if you wish)
- 2 cm fresh ginger root (about 3/4 of an inch)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1.5 tablespoon tandoori spices (see notes)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pot greek style yogurt (125 ml / 0.5 cup)
- 1 unit lime
- Make some deep cuts in the chicken legs so that the marinade can fill the skin.
- Peel and dice finely the ginger root and crush the garlic cloves.
- In a bowl add the oil, the ginger, the garlic, the juice of the lime, the yogurt and the tandoori spices.
- Put the chicken in the marinade for at least 1 hour ... best for 2-3 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven at 220 degrees celsius / 430 degrees farenheit and cook on the top grid for about 30 minutes.